The Center for International Education is responsible for promoting and coordinating international initiatives at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. We celebrate the global community, encouraging awareness, interaction and integration of world cultures. We are devoted to student success, nurturing academic, professional, social, and personal growth.
The Center for International Education strives to:
- Recruit, admit, enroll and retain students from every nation.
- Educate international students regarding immigration policies and University procedures and facilitate their campus assimilation.
- Inform students of the myriad of study abroad opportunities worldwide.
- Encourage faculty, staff and student exchange through the development of global academic partnerships.
- Coordinate campus initiatives that support the academic mission of the University by providing leadership that enhances our international dimension.
In doing so, the Center for International Education transforms lives and brings the world to Southern Illinois.
This Day of Giving on March 28th, please see our funding priorities below and click Give Now at the top of the page to make your gift.
Center for International Education Study Abroad Fund: Funds will be used to assist students with travel abroad expenses.
Center for International Education Activities Fund: Funds will be used for expenses related to programming, promotion, and student retention.