Success in college means more than getting good grades. Post-pandemic, we are learning now more than ever how health and wellness contributes to and impacts individual success. Donating to Wellness and Health Promotion Services will help us equip students with the skills needed to face challenges, make effective choices, and manage their health.
Wellness and Health Promotion Services provides free health promotion and prevention education on physical, nutritional, and sexual health, alcohol and other drug harm reduction, violence and suicide prevention, stress management, resilience and coping skills, and health equity.
Please see our funding priorities below and click Give Now at the top of the page to make your gift.
- Health Promotion Outreach- We are committed to providing information and resources for students to improve their physical and mental health. We aim to equip students with the knowledge to manage their health and cope with stress, challenges, adversity, and trauma.
- Harm Reduction Education- We provide quality, evidenced-based services to promote positive health changes and prevent negative outcomes when it comes to substance use, sexual health, and bystander intervention.
- The Dawg Lounge stress management space- Individuals are invited to utilize the relaxation features of our three private relaxation rooms, each with their own massage chairs and soothing accessories. The space also features art and coping tools, Light and Biofeedback machines, and meditation tools. Our biggest attraction is our support dogs, present on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Saluki Certified Peer Education Program- This program facilitates peer support programming for students at Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
- Confidential Advising Services- Survivor-centered assistance is provided to SIU students that have experienced sexual harassment, misconduct, assault, partner violence, or stalking while enrolled at SIU. Non-judgmental emotional support, reporting assistance, and accommodation management are provided in a safe environment so that students can continue their studies.
We are thankful for your generosity.